I was so thrilled and honored to have my article, Overhauling My Concentric Circle of Responsibility, published on Rocket City Mom earlier this month. Take a minute (OK, maybe five; it’s rather long) to see what I planned to do this year.
“After a lifetime of believing that the voices that mattered were Out There, approving or disapproving of me, I’m learning [to listen] to trust the voice within, the voice of God’s Spirit, the whisper of my own soul.”
– Shauna Niequist, Present Over Perfect
This is keeping me sane in a very literal and real way.
What’s keeping you sane? enjoy life…
I know I have been a ghost on my blog for the past few months. But had to make a reappearance to highlight my annual grateful list – short, yet very meaningful one this year.
First, my favorite quote of the season…
“Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.” – Dennis Prager
- I must start with my hubby of almost eleven years! Wow! Eleven years! God only knows what I’d be without this guy!
- My family, extended included, with a special shout out (does anyone say that anymore?), to my sister, Emmi, an inspiration to me in so many ways.
- The Buddy Man
- My mother-in-law who has made it possible for me to pursue a career and be a mom at the same time. Can’t do it without her!
- Runs, and nice hot showers after.
- Books and all the knowledge, insight, and even entertainment, found therein.
- Danielle LaPorte’s Truthbombs
- My job, that I really enjoy!
- Becoming a regular contributor on Rocket City Mom and the Book Club we created. Wouldn’t have happened without you, Taralyn. Thanks!
- The Love Notes Project! Don’t know what I’m talking about; you can check it out here.
- Two trips to beach this year complete with balcony views of the ocean. Thanks Mommy and Daddy!
Happy Thanksgiving from me and mine to you and yours!
I love Quick Lit time. I can brag to you about all of the books that I read (LOL); four books this month and am currently six books ahead of schedule to read 36 books this year. However, when I tell you my life is hectic this week, I am not lying in any way so just the books and some favorite quotes this month. I may expound on some of these at a later date.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan:“There is no immortality that is not built on friendship and work done with care. All the secrets in the world worth knowing are hiding in plain sight….Your life must be an open city, with all sorts of ways to wander in.”
- The Travelers by Chris Pavone: “Will wants everything to be perfect. He wants the perfect wife, the perfect kids, the perfect old townhouse, perfectly restored, where he’ll serve perfect food accompanied by perfect wines in perfect glasses. He wants his suit perfectly tailored, his shoes perfectly shined. He wants the hotel room to be perfect, the overnight train ride, the local tour guide. And he has made the relentless pursuit of perfection his career.”
Stopped Abandoned Reading:
I have changed the title from stopped to abandoned because it is more in line with the wording for MMD’s Reading Challenge.
As usual, linking up with Quick Lit over on Modern Mrs. Darcy. Check out what everyone else is reading.